Fastmarkets NewGen short-term forecasts
Understand the battery material demands of today and plan for tomorrow
Whether the priority is to optimize buying and selling strategies, understand the best contract structures, or mitigate risks, Fastmarkets NewGen Short-Term Forecasts give market participants the clarity to move with confidence and translate clarity to financial performance.
Short-term forecasts include:
- Independent analysis of supply and demand fundamentals for lithium, nickel, cobalt, manganese and graphite
- 2-year price forecasts for lithium carbonate and hydroxide domestic China and seaborne Asian prices
- 2-year price forecast for Fastmarkets MB cobalt standard grade benchmark price
- 2-year price forecasts for graphite spherical and graphite flake for Europe and China
- LME nickel cash price forecast
- Analysis of pricing mechanisms including spot, contract and formula-based spodumene prices
- Analysis of the silicon market and its use in ferro-silicon
- Market dynamics and sentiment for electric vehicle (EV) market, including regional developments and EV take-up by region
- Monthly updated reports and access to our expert analysts
Know what’s moving your markets and the forces driving change with our market intelligence and insights
Western Australia (WA), Australia’s largest state, will evaluate the possibility of developing cathode active materials (CAM) production once precursor CAM (pCAM) output is up and running, Bill Johnston, the state’s Minister of Mines and Petroleum, told Fastmarkets
Eight key takeaways from our global battery raw material outlook that you should know for 2024 and beyond
Black mass payables have weakened in the key South Korean import market over the past week, with battery recyclers in the country cutting back on production amid a continued downtrend in metal prices, sources told Fastmarkets on Friday November 24
Gain a competitive edge in the emerging battery recycling market
Providing greater transparency into the cost of key Li-ion cell components
We recognize the importance of being clear about our price assessment and index process. Our independently audited pricing process aligns with core IOSCO principles. Find out how our price reporters and analysts assess and forecast prices in agriculture, forest products and metals
Whether you would like to speak to one of our experts or request a demo of our products, we’re here for you.
Navigate uncertainty and make business decisions with confidence using our price data, forecasts and critical intelligence.