The Fastmarkets AMM Awards for Steel Excellence is one of the most prestigious and recognizable awards programs for the global steel industry. The program has recognized world-class innovation and excellence in steel and related industries for companies throughout the steel supply chain and by key partners to the industry. Winners have demonstrated best-in-class practices to achieve outstanding results as measured by global standards.
Also recognized as Industry Advocate of the Year was US Representative Conor Lamb (Democrat, Pennsylvania), who represents the Pittsburgh region - home to steel companies and steel industry employees. Lamb is chairman of the Congressional Steel Caucus, which works to strengthen the steel industry and protect steel jobs.
The 2019 Awards for Steel Excellence winners are:
- Best Innovation: Product – TMK Ipsco
- Best Innovation: Process – ArcelorMittal Dofasco
- Best Mergers and Acquisitions – GFG Alliance
- Best Operational Improvements – Outokumpu Americas
- Financial Services Provider of the Year – Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Legal Services Provider of the Year – Wiley Rein LLP
- Information Technology Provider of the Year – Quintiq
- Steel Producer of the Year – Nucor Corp
- Environmental Responsibility/Stewardship – JSW Steel (USA) Inc
- Scrap Company of the Year – Ferrous Processing & Trading Co
- Tube and Pipe Producer of the Year – Trinity Products LLC
- Service Center of the Year – Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co
- Raw Materials/Consumables Provider of the Year – Ecovery LLC
Nominations for the 11th annual Awards for Steel Excellence will open in October. Participation is open to steel producers, service centers, scrap companies, pipe and tube producers and suppliers of critical materials and services to the steel industry.
Stay up-to-date with the latest on the 2020 Steel Excellence Awards program. Register here to receive email alerts.
Fastmarkets is the leading price reporting, analytics and events organization for the global metals, mining and forest products markets. Fastmarkets' core activity in pricing drives transactions in commodities markets around the world and is complemented by news, industry data, analysis, conferences and insight services. Fastmarkets includes brands such as Fastmarkets MB, Fastmarkets AMM (previously known as Metal Bulletin and American Metal Market respectively), Fastmarkets RISI and Fastmarkets FOEX. Its team of more than 400 people are located in 14 global offices including London, Boston, New York, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Brussels and São Paulo. Fastmarkets is part of Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC (LSE:ERM), a listed company on the London Stock Exchange. Euromoney is a leading international business-to-business information group focused primarily on the global commodities, banking and asset management markets.