COVERAGE NOTE: New Old Corrugated Containers, SRPN Assessments CIF Asia – Consultation
In light of changes in trading patterns following China’s ban on imports of “unsorted” recyclables such as mixed paper that began on December 31, 2017, as well as a 0.5% rule on contaminants for imported recovered paper, RISI proposes to launch bi-weekly assessments of the following recovered paper grades CIF main ports in Asia in PPI Asia starting from April 6, 2018:
- Imports of Old Corrugated Containers (11) from the US
- Imports of Old Corrugated Containers (90/10) from Europe
- Imports of Old Corrugated Containers from Japan
- Imports of Sorted Residential Paper and News (56) from the US
- Imports of Newspapers (2.01) from Europe
As previously announced, RISI will also begin publishing bi-weekly assessments for Mixed Paper from April 6, 2018.
- Mixed Paper & Board from Japan
- Mixed Paper & Board from Europe (1.02)
- Mixed Paper from US (54)
For comments and queries, please email email@example.com by March 30, 2018.