Fortune Minerals renames Canadian metallurgical coal project

Fortune Minerals and Posco Canada have renamed the Mount Klappan Anthracite Metallurgical Coal Project. It will now be known as the Arctos Anthracite Project.

Paragraph entered by Atlantic migration, in order for SteelFirst articles to display correctly on Metal Bulletin.

The project is owned by the Arctos Anthracite Joint Venture, which is 80% owned by Fortune Minerals with Posco Canada holding the remaining 20% share.

The project is located in northwestern British Columbia, Canada.

The name change signifies a new era for the proposed mine and more accurately reflects the nature of the collaborative international development project.

“The previous name led some people to believe that the project would involve mining the entire mountain, which was incorrect,” said Robin Goad, president and ceo of Fortune.

Arctos has a measured resources of 107.9 million tonnes, Indicated Resources of 123 million tonnes and inferred resources of 359.5 million tonnes.

The open-pit mine is expected to product an initial 3 million tpy of ultra-low volatility pulverized coal injection (PCI) products for the export market.

What to read next
Fastmarkets will discontinue its consumer buying price assessments for machine shop turnings in the Cleveland and Pittsburgh markets effective Tuesday June 6.
Fastmarkets has decided to proceed with the launch of a new European low carbon ferro-chrome price covering material with lower chrome content.
Fastmarkets invites feedback on a proposal to increase the publication frequency of non-exchange-deliverable equivalent-grade (EQ) copper cathode premium, cif Shanghai, from once every two weeks to once every week.
The outlook for North American steel scrap prices has headed further into bearish territory ahead of June’s trade, with prices for all grades expected to fall again after a round of across-the-board decreases in May
Fastmarkets is inviting feedback on a change of publishing time for our ferro-chrome price in the Chinese domestic market as well as ferro-chrome import prices in Japan and South Korea, to 5-6pm Shanghai time from 2-3pm London time.
Fastmarkets is inviting feedback on a proposal change the publishing time for our silico-manganese, ferro-manganese and manganese ore port prices in China, to 5-6pm Shanghai time from 2-3pm London time.
We use cookies to provide a personalized site experience.
By continuing to use & browse the site you agree to our Privacy Policy.