PRICING NOTICE: Metal Bulletin 65% Fe pellet index to replace weekly assessment
Metal Bulletin proposes to replace its weekly China import iron ore pellet (65-66% Fe) assessment with the newly launched pellet index.
Paragraph entered by Atlantic migration, in order for SteelFirst articles to display correctly on Metal Bulletin.
Following market consultation, Metal Bulletin announced the launch of a weekly index for 65% Fe content blast furnace pellet delivered to Qingdao on July 24, 2012.
As part of a wider review of its iron ore pricing portfolio, Metal Bulletin is proposing to use the index as replacement for the weekly China import iron ore pellet (65-66% Fe) assessment.
The index specifications are as follows:
- Price: US$ per dry metric tonne, cfr China
- Fe content: Base 65%, Range 60% to 70%
- Silica: Base 4.5%, Maximum 6.0%
- Alumina: Base 0.4%, Maximum 0.8%
- Phosphorus: Base 0.03%, Maximum 0.05%
- Sulphur: Base 0.01%, Maximum 0.02%
- Moisture: Base 2.0%, Maximum 3.0%
- Compression strength: Base 250daN, Minimum 220daN
- Trade size: Minimum 10,000 tonnes
- Delivery port: Base Qingdao-Rizhao-Lianyungang, normalised for any Chinese mainland sea port
- Delivery period: Within eight weeks
- Payment terms: LC on sight
- Publication: Friday at midday London time
Please provide comments by September 21 2012 to Vera Blei, Steel Editor at email@example.com.