Dynamics in Chinese virgin fiber
The study provides insight into the demand drivers and prospects for the virgin fiber industry in China
The recovered paper policy (RCP) import ban in China is expected to drive strong growth in virgin pulp. Apart from importing market pulp, building integrated virgin pulp capacity will be a cost-effective approach for sourcing supplementary fiber for containerboard production in China.
This report serves as a valuable resource for industry participants, investors and stakeholders who are interested in understanding the future outlook of the Chinese virgin fiber market.
What you’ll find inside:
- Review of historical trends in fiber consumption by main grade
- Analysis of the main driving forces behind fiber consumption, including the paper industry’s fiber furnish trends and their impacts on future demand
- Analysis of RCP substitution trends and cost competitiveness of virgin pulp in Chinese containerboard production
- Details of new projects within China, including analysis of wood and non-wood fiber availability in the country
- Analysis of relevant government policies and potential impact on the long-term development of Chinese pulp industry
- 5-year outlook for virgin pulp consumption, production and import in China.
Fill in the form to find out more.
Request more information
What’s happening in the forest products market today?
Get the latest market insights from our team of forest products experts
Has the RCP market found a bottom yet? Take a deep dive into the volatile OCC prices and the challenges ahead
We look at some of the consequences following China’s ban on recovered fiber imports
Imports to China from the US could recover as 2023 progresses
Oxford Analytica’s Mark Elsner shares his list of key geopolitical disruptors that could impact your business
Pulp and paper CEO panel at Fastmarkets Europe Conference 2023 reviewed the lessons learnt and changes going forward
HELSINKI, March 15, 2023 (PIX Pulp and Paper indices) – Fastmarkets FOEX is inviting feedback from the industry on the pricing methodologies for its PIX Paper price indices, as part of its annual methodology review process.
We review the recent disruptions to the North American fiber markets
We look back at historical events that forever changed the wood products industry in North America
We look back at North American construction spending in 2022