Global Pellet Demand Outlook
European nations are the largest users of woodfiber biomass pellets – but over the next decade, Asia’s industrial demand will grow, while Europe’s will plateau or even decline. Prepare with this 10-year outlook of pellet demand for heating and industrial use, which also covers top exporters Canada and the US.
Pellets made from woodfiber help power industries and heat buildings worldwide. The 10-year demand outlook is shaped by complex global and regional forces. This study explores nation-specific policy dynamics and other macroeconomic factors that will shape demand, supply, and trade for the next decade.
The Global Pellet Demand Outlook shows you:
- 2018-2028 forecasts for 16 Asian, European, and North American nations that purchase pellets for heating and industrial uses
- Detailed national/regional profiles that include, where relevant:
- Demand outlooks for industrial and heating use
- Projected coal-to-biomass conversions and new CHP and pellet projects, and their projected consumption
- Pellet-appliance shipments and stock forecasts in heating markets
- Energy price forecasts, environmental policy commentary, and trade-related data and analysis
- Contextual analysis of how each nation fits into overall global trade patterns and biomass/energy market trends
Pellet Demand through 2028: External Volatility Complicates Heating and Industrial Market Forecasts
Pellets made from woodfiber help power industries and heat buildings worldwide. The 10-year demand
outlook is shaped by complex global and regional forces.
Regional DynamicsIndustries in Japan and South Korea are expanding biomass energy production. But actual demand growth forecasts are subject to policy shifts, costs of competing energy sources, and more.
Energy MarketsWeather and oil/gas prices affect the competitiveness of biomass heat in Europe and North America. The Outlook models expected trends and their likely impact on pellet demand for heating use.
The Global Pellet Demand Outlook offers unmatched insight into these and other drivers of the next decade’s biomass markets.
Get the latest market insights from our team of forest products experts