Black mass prices
Fastmarkets' weekly deep-dive into black mass price trends
Your go-to resource for black mass prices and analysisWith our 11 black mass prices, we are the only price reporting agency providing comprehensive coverage of the South Korea and Southeast Asia import markets, as well as the European markets. Our black mass prices are complemented by our quarterly battery recycling outlook, which sets out our long-term view of the market. Our robust methodology, industry expertise and global presence position us as the go-to source for market-reflective battery raw materials prices.
Your first-mover’s advantageWe’ll be publishing our key black mass price charts here, as well as weekly price analysis, every Monday. If you want to be the first to know what’s happening in the black mass market, sign up to receive our weekly black mass prices newsletter every Friday. You’ll get at least three black mass price charts and our weekly price analysis in your inbox three days before anyone else. The first issue will land here and in your inbox very soon.
- Market-reflective price data: 130+ years of commodities benchmarking experience underpinning our black mass market assessments
- Transparent practices: We publish all methodologies and price specifications. Our pricing is IOSCO-compliant, unbiased and consistent
- Global expertise: With leading price reporting teams and global offices, we provide deep market insights and stay on top of trends
- Benchmark status: Our price benchmarks in cobalt and lithium give us an edge in the black mass market
- Sustainability: Our focus on black mass, a by-product of battery recycling, underscores our commitment to global sustainability efforts
- Industry leadership: We lead industry events like the European Battery Raw Materials Conference and the Lithium Supply and Battery Raw Materials Conference, fostering collaboration and shaping the future of the nascent black mass market
Black mass payables have weakened in the key South Korean import market over the past week, with battery recyclers in the country cutting back on production amid a continued downtrend in metal prices, sources told Fastmarkets on Friday November 24
Battery recyclers Huayou Recycling, of China, and Tozero, of Germany, have announced an agreement in which they will partner on the supply and processing of battery scrap in Europe, Fastmarkets has learned.
Buyers of black mass in Asia have returned to the market for bookings of shredded lithium-ion battery packs at stable prices over the past week, sources have told Fastmarkets.
Register for one of the upcoming Fastmarkets events to hear Lee and the team speak with industry experts on the risks and opportunities in the black mass and wider battery raw materials markets
Metal Bulletin • American Metal Market • Scrap Price Bulletin • Industrial Minerals • RISI • FOEX • The Jacobsen • Agricensus • Random Lengths • FastMarkets and more