Lumber price forecast
Gain the latest forecasting data and commentary for North American lumber prices
Know what’s moving your markets and the forces influencing the short- and long-term to reduce uncertainty and anticipate change.
Fastmarkets has a vast team of economic experts dedicated to delivering regular lumber price forecasts for supply, demand and trade for the North American market. These forecasts cover all aspects of the lumber industry, including lumber (green douglas fir, western spruce pine fir, southern yellow pine), engineered lumber (LVL and I-joists) and more.
Fastmarkets’ lumber price forecasts enable you to:
- Understand the longer-term market landscape and access behind-the-scenes industry data to manage risk, spot opportunities and predict future lumber price trends
- Validate and add credibility to strategic plans, stakeholder and investor presentations
- Understand how macroeconomic, geopolitical and housing factors are shifting trade flows
- Stress test pricing matrixes and cost models for more accurate budgeting
- Optimize timing of purchasing and inventory management to control costs and ensure supply chain continuity
Talk to us about our market-leading lumber price forecasting data and commentary
This commentary provides a monthly economic analysis of the North American softwood lumber markets
This quarterly summary provides a short-term lumber forecast of supply and demand for engineered wood products, such as laminated veneer lumber (LVL)
A short-term lumber forecast report that offers insight into demand and capacity, future price movements and end-use markets
This forecast provides a longer-term economic analysis of the North American lumber market. It covers the commentary on the housing market, softwood lumber and makes extensive use of charts and tables
Multifamily housing starts show some sign of life in late 2023, but the overall picture shows a different trend when compared to single-family
Despite slower population growth and lower household formation rates, there remains a shortfall in the housing market, particularly for starter homes in North America
Fastmarkets hosted an insightful webinar on the future of southern yellow pine and its potential impact on the North American lumber industry. For those who missed it, here’s a breakdown of the key takeaways
With an over 90% accuracy rating, our forecasting helps you understand what direction global lumber prices are heading
Grow and protect your profits and insulate your business from volatility with the Fastmarkets risk management team
Fastmarkets’ events provide immersive experiences across the global forest products markets
After years of unprecedented volatility, many are wondering “What’s next?” for the North American and global lumber market. Will we see a sudden turnaround in prices that send us back toward record levels? Or will sluggish demand and pricing action persist?
As we frequently remind our subscribers, the future is uncertain and market conditions can change rapidly. Traders and forecasters alike were repeatedly reminded of this with the unprecedented boom-and-bust cycles with lumber and wood product prices over the last three years.
By using a price reporting agency (PRA), you can be prepared for all outcomes. With PRA you can:
- Ensure that you have the prices you can use that reflect supply and demand conditions
- Provide a reference and benchmark for all transactions
- Give confidence to contract counterparties that the prices used are impartial
- Improve efficiency when renegotiating contracts
- Deliver instant and accessible data through an automated platform
- Get access to supply and demand outlooks for lumber, timber and wood products and more to forecast costs
- Receive breaking news coverage, contextualized within rich industry statistics and datasets
Market-reflective prices, forecasts and insights for the global lumber markets: Discover how the Fastmarkets platform can help you make better high-stake decisions for your business
Metal Bulletin • American Metal Market • Scrap Price Bulletin • Industrial Minerals • RISI • FOEX • The Jacobsen • Agricensus • Random Lengths • FastMarkets and more