Recycling lithium batteries
Insights and intelligence to understand the future of the li-ion battery recycling market
Interest and investment in lithium battery recycling have grown in recent years as the global battery supply chain looks to feed the growing demand for battery raw materials and reduce carbon emissions from metals production. There are increased legislative pressures to localize supply chains, so market participants are looking at ways to increase battery recycling capacity and adopt black mass as a primary feedstock in manufacturing battery chemicals. Read on to find out more about the latest insights into black mass, recycled metals and electric vehicle (EV) battery recycling.
With Fastmarkets you can:
- Understand where and how to secure recycling battery supply
- Get access to historical price, supply and demand data for battery materials and scrap metals
- Increase knowledge of the lithium battery recycling market, innovations and competitors
- Stay informed on the latest battery recycling technology and opportunities to modernize the battery supply chain
- Access expertise on battery recycling and black mass
- Get greater transparency into the cost of key Li-ion cell components
Get the latest insights on recycling lithium batteries, black mass and the recycled metals market
Eight key takeaways from our global battery raw material outlook that you should know for 2024 and beyond
Black mass payables have weakened in the key South Korean import market over the past week, with battery recyclers in the country cutting back on production amid a continued downtrend in metal prices, sources told Fastmarkets on Friday November 24
Battery recyclers Huayou Recycling, of China, and Tozero, of Germany, have announced an agreement in which they will partner on the supply and processing of battery scrap in Europe, Fastmarkets has learned.
Buyers of black mass in Asia have returned to the market for bookings of shredded lithium-ion battery packs at stable prices over the past week, sources have told Fastmarkets.
Plans for a major battery metals recycling hub run by Glencore and Li-Cycle in Italy are likely to go ahead despite recent pushback from local authorities, sources told Fastmarkets this week
A slight rise in offers for black mass payables were heard in South Korea this week, but a wide bid-offer gap persisted in the market, according to sources
The Fastmarkets NewGen Battery Recycling Outlook includes 10-year source, supply and price forecasts so battery and automakers, material manufacturers and battery recyclers can understand and leverage recycling supply.
With Fastmarkets NewGen Battery Recycling Outlook, you’ll be able to:
- Dig into forecasts and outlooks for black mass and battery materials
- Get a clear and accurate assessment of battery technology and the major recyclers
- Get actionable insights on the economics of battery chemistries
- Understand key ESG and supply chain qualification criteria
Get expert insights into the exciting and rapidly-growing battery recycling sector in Asia. Listen to the recording of the webinar from May 30, 2023 to find out more.
You may also be interested in:
Our price reporters and editorial team provide regular market intelligence and insights into the biggest issues facing the commodity markets
Speak to our team
Metal Bulletin • American Metal Market • Scrap Price Bulletin • Industrial Minerals • RISI • FOEX • The Jacobsen • Agricensus • Random Lengths • FastMarkets and more